Friday, June 18, 2010

Hearing and Chiropractic

Hi Everyone,

Right now, there is a big snapping turtle in front of my office (larger than a cat, and some dogs). She is slowly wandering down the sidewalk toward the nature center's lake. It nested and left eggs in the parking lot a couple of weeks ago. I'm hoping that I'm around when they hatch, that would be fun to see.

As a chiropractic student one of the first things they tell you is about the story of the first chiropractic adjustment. Any good chiropractic student, or student of any science, would wonder if it was true, has it been studied. When I was a student I often wondered if anyone had tried to reproduce that outcome. I never did find any studies then. Chiropractic can be hard to study for several reasons, one of which is that the doctor will always know if the treatment given was real, or a sham. That makes it hard to do a double blind study.

So, is it possible that the first chiropractic adjustment helped a man hear? Click on the following link, and you decide.

http://www.chiropracticresearch.org/search2.php?aid=1163

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment